Monday, February 18, 2013

Winter Wear: Dark Florals


necklace & top : forever 21 // belt: american apparel // pants: american eagle // boots: aldo

I have come to realize that black is my favorite color to wear in the wintertime because I love how intense it can look against the bright, white snow. If you wear lot's of black in the summer time, you simply won't survive, therefore winter is the perfect time to wear it in abundance. On this day I chose to add color into my outfit through a dark floral printed blouse from Forever 21 [in my recent haul on youtube]. I was instantly attracted to this print because it reminded me of old Andy Warhol artwork of floral pop art. To pull it all together I added my geometric, gold bib necklace, as well as a bold red lip thanks for 'Brave Red' by MAC. The red lips help pull out the rich colors from the floral print.



I also got some video footage of my silly self trying to be all cute and smiley, in my greatest attempts to 'model' this outfit for you. Greatest attempts... not really, but I'd love it if you could watch the video and let me know what you think : )


Q: What color do you wear a lot of the time in the winter season? Mine is definitely black, and yes, I know it's not technically a color. Shhh. 


15 comments:

  1. Great look - you blouse is fabulous!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blouse is super cute as is the necklace. I liked your video. There was one part where your hair fell in front of your face and then you held it back the rest of the video. I think a nice touch would maybe to let if fall in front of your face and look up through and then cut to a different angle. Anyoo just a thought! : )

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback!
      I went back to see which part you were talking about and I agree with you. I wish I cut that out too, but hey, I'm still learning how to make videos so hopefully they can improve in the future :)
      M.

      Delete
  3. wow what an amazing purposes, simply loving them
    hope youll like my blog as i love your one!

    definitely keep like this and wish you the best. hope we can follow each other to stay in touch!

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com

    Sergio,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top, you look so pretty

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing look!! You are a very Top!!Kisses from smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.itRome federica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think black often makes me look paler than I already am. I kind of wear bright colours all year long I guess haha.

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these dark florals and photographs! Great picks! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at BT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures my dear! your blog is so lovely!:)
    we can follow each other if you want :)
    http://www.borsadimarypoppins.com/
    xoxo Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice outfit :) really cool blouse and the necklace!
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete