A few weeks ago I stumbled upon Ashley's post called '10 Things Worth Noting'. The concept is simple and all photo's are taken through her iPhone, although mine are mostly from my Nikon camera, with a mix of other people's photos I have found recently that are - you guessed it - worth noting! What's worth noting in your books these days?
1. Spring is right around the corner! If you haven't started the dreaded spring cleaning, now is the time. Which reminds me... I need to pick up some storage bins/organizational tools! I should remind my mom to get rid of the Christmas pillows in our living room...
2. Trying new things is fun, as in curling my hair! It's not the most adventurous thing to do, but after a few failed attempts of curling my hair, I had given up because the curls would never stay, no matter how many pounds of hairspray I managed to use. Even though the curls only lasted a few hours, it was a refreshing look for me.
3. My favorite snack combination never gets old - banana + peanut butter + cinnamon + sea salt all mushed together onto a slice of bakery fresh bread. Double toasted, please.
4. The best thing to do after writing an Accounting midterm on 9 am on a Saturday is to relax at Starbucks, with a stack of magazines and a soy latte on my side.
5. I've been doing my best to incorporate spring hues into nail polish lately, occasionally with a touch of sparkle. I'm a huge fan of a subtle sparkle touch, especially in the bed of my nails. Next time I'll try the tips!
6. Spending hours in a craft store is relaxing and great when you uncover great deals! If you search deep and far at Michaels, you will find some great stickers at great prices! I found three different sheets of stickers by Amy Tangerine tucked away in a place I wouldn't think to look, but I picked up the three sheets, a journal, 2 different font sets of letters and ribbon for $12! They were on clearance and a definite great deal!
7. Start a journal with inspiring quotes. If you feel down or uninspired, take a look into it and remind yourself that you are wonderful and worth it. You deserve the best. Treat yourself with the utmost kindness. The journal above was bought with the other Amy Tangerine items [from #6]. Do you notice the key sticker in both photos?
8. Take a break to relieve your built up stress. School, family, friends, work... it all adds up and once in a while just breathe and perhaps bake! I'm sure you have a delicious recipe pinned or bookmarked away somewhere, right? If it's not baking, do something relaxing for yourself once in a while :) Take a bath, read a good book, or take a stroll in the winter breeze. These cupcakes are maple almond flavored. Stay tuned for a recipe post!
9. Retail therapy is cheaper than a therapy. True words. PS - I uploaded a new video on my Youtube! Click the above picture if you would like to watch.
10. You're beautiful. Today and everyday. Don't forget it. Smile :)
[all pictures taken/edited by me except the first and last ones]
Q: What's worth noting in your books these days?